OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working within a new Advanced technology and Innovation team in creation and incubation of ideas to be used for future SAIC vehicle programs. Working within areas of pre- autonomy, connected and electrification creating a new era in which emerging technologies can be fully harnessed for future opportunities.
• Responsible for the planning and delivery of the machine vision strategies for existing and future international market vehicle platforms.
• Analysis and optimisation of image processing performance
• Establish tools and process in order to develop in house machine vision software
• Development of strategies for machine vision related systems and report back to senior management.
• Attend international conferences and report back finding to senior management.
• Coordinating and assisting in the validation and testing of related new features.
• Liaising with Sales & Marketing to review future customer requirements and driving these requirements forward into future features lists.
• Producing and delivering reports of benchmarking other OEM developments to ensure our company strategy competitiveness.
• Coordinate integration of software developed in house and with external partners
• Develop and adapt Machine Learning algorithms for image processing
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Manage the strategy and development of compute vision algorithms to support project requirement.
Develop in house software and manage the integration of third party software.
Creation of supporting documentation, requirements, specification and timing plans
Manage the test and validation of systems and features.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Engineering experience – over 2 years experience within the technology.
• Significant knowledge and experience of machine vision systems.
• Good knowledge of emerging industry trends.
• Good IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
• Previous experience of working outside the UK (preferably in China or with Chinese companies).
• Good communication skills at all levels within an engineering function.
• A flexible and committed attitude and motivated to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances.
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills.
• PhD / MSc in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience implementing machine learning algorithms in real-world environments.
• Experience working with deep learning frameworks, such as Theano, Tensorflow, Caffe, or Torch.
• Background in NLP, biometrics, facial recognition, voice recognition, and/or novelty/outlier detection
• A mindset to drive change, motivate people, and just get stuff done
• Key Skills Include: C/C++, Python, Scala, Java, Fortran, Machine Learning, ML toolkit, NLG, NLU, Unity, Computer Vision, NLP, 3D graphics, Theano, Research, Development, Software Engineer, Data
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).