OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working within a new Advanced technology and Innovation team in creation and incubation of ideas to be used for future SAIC vehicle programs. Working within areas of pre- autonomy, connected and electrification creating a new era in which emerging technologies can be fully harnessed for future opportunities.
• Responsible for using PREEvision architecture tool supporting the requirements from the Innovation & Research manager.
• Supporting investigation work including report feedback on engineering and vehicle market progress within the appropriate company time scales.
• Creation of the tool chain software and processes to support the Electrical Engineering V Model process
• Framework for future growth of the PREEvision model
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Framework development, metric, model query, consistency check and propagation rule team leader to design framework and model data of future electrical systems.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Significant knowledge and experience of electrical systems, Matlab / Simulink experience
• Knowledge of Software Development Process and emerging industry standards / concepts such as AutoSAR
• Understanding of XML and associated concepts (schemas, stylesheets etc)
• A sound vehicle system knowledge with a broad understanding of vehicle integration and the overall Vehicle delivery process, or good knowledge of whole vehicle engineering delivery and integration.
• Familiarity with ECU functionality and testing specifications
• Ability to interpret complex standards and specifications
• Experience of programming languages such as Java
• Metric, Model Query, Consistency Check, and Propagation Rule creation
• General Functional Safety knowledge
• General CAN, LIN and Ethernet knowledge
• Strong Variant Management knowledge
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).