OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working within a new Advanced technology and Innovation team in creation and incubation of ideas to be used for future SAIC vehicle programs. Working within areas of pre- autonomy, connected and electrification creating a new era in which emerging technologies can be fully harnessed for future opportunities.
• Responsible for ensuring the Innovation & Research team are kept up to date with program activities and timing changes and reporting back the effect.
• Responsible for ensuring correct development processes are followed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Engineering experience – at least 1 years experience within a Component or Vehicle Engineering function.
• Good understanding of the process within SMTC.
• A sound specific component and system knowledge with a broad understanding of vehicle integration and the overall Vehicle delivery process, or detailed knowledge of whole vehicle product delivery and integration processes.
• Broad understanding of other technology subjects within electrical engineering.
• Good knowledge of emerging industry trends and legislation.
• Previous man management or lead technical management experience.
• Good IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas. Able and willing to travel and provide coaching
• Excellent communication skills at all levels within all functions including board level.
• A flexible, positive, enthusiastic, open minded and committed attitude, and able to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances
• Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills.
• A recognised qualification (preferably a degree) in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Knowledge of DFSS up to yellow belt level.
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).