OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working within a new Advanced technology and Innovation team in creation and incubation of ideas to be used for future SAIC vehicle programs. Working within areas of pre- autonomy, connected and electrification creating a new era in which emerging technologies can be fully harnessed for future opportunities.
• Responsible for developing concept HMI strategies for future vehicle platforms.
• Responsible for providing specialist support and reports into UK senior management and the global engineering team on HMI trends, and those of consumer electronics.
• Research into the effect of the growing consumer electronic devices and the impact onto vehicle design and features.
• Development of HMI concepts using recognised HMI development software packages.
• Attend relevant international conferences and report back finding to senior management.
• Producing and delivering reports of benchmarking other OEM developments to ensure our company strategy competitiveness.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Significant engineering experience – up to 10 years experience within a Component or Vehicle Engineering function
• Knowledge and experience of HMI development using recognised HMI Development tools.
• Good knowledge of emerging industry trends.
• Good IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
• Previous experience of working outside the UK (preferably in China or with Chinese companies).
• Knowledge of change management activities and processes.
• Good communication skills at all levels within an engineering function.
• A flexible and committed attitude and motivated to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances.
• Demonstrable understanding and awareness of costs.
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills.
• A recognised qualification (preferably a degree) in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Knowledge of Design For Six Sigma.
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).