OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
SAIC Motor UK Technical Centre is part of one of China’s largest Vehicle Manufacturers, SAIC Motor Corporation Ltd. With ambitious plans to grow in the global automotive market place through the development of world class products, a Buyer is sought to assist the established purchasing team and be responsible for the successful execution of purchasing activities against tight deadlines. The Purchasing Team also provides a professional Purchasing service to MG Motor UK limited.
Working as a part of a Purchasing and Commercial Team
• Support adherence to Global Purchasing Policies and Procedures whilst managing them to support Business requirements.
• Liaising with other members of the team, internal customers, suppliers and contractors.
• Responsible for leading and coordinating of sourcing activities within Portfolio.
• Responsible for delivery of bought in goods and services at the lowest ultimate cost.
• Supplier base quality, technology, service and delivery optimisation.
• Responsible for issue of invitation to tenders, analysis of bids received, preparation of contractual documents and drafting reports.
• Implement and influence Purchasing strategies & processes.
• Ensuring the right contractual conditions are in place to manage the company’s risk.
• Raise Purchasing orders on the SAIC Motor SAP IT system.
• Provide a service to both Internal and External Customers.
• Supplier relationship management.
• Conduct supplier evaluation and selection.
• Support SAIC Motor’s Business plan, specifically in the area of Cost reduction.
• Support Logistic arrangements For Goods moving inbound and outbound within the EEC, and Worldwide.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
General Engineering, Site, Business, Sales & Marketing and After sales Purchasing
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
A proven performer looking for the next challenge who is self-motivated, organised & flexible
The successful candidate will be culturally aware, & possess the gravitas to build credibility and relationships with both internal and external parties.
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Self motivated team player looking to make a contribution whilst improving their skills with support
• Can demonstrate experience in non production purchasing and ideally would have operated within an engineering environment
• Good negotiation skills
• Computer Literate – Microsoft Office packages - Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Looking for the next move, with a positive attitude towards learning and Personal development
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).