• Responsible for the development and layout of the interior and exterior package on architectures, platforms and products
• Responsible for supporting the issue of hard points to the Design team
• Responsible for integrating Safety critical requirements into the package to achieve legal and NCAP targets
• Responsible for ensuring package complies with the appropriate guidelines, marketing and legal requirements
• Responsible for the design, development and integration of components and systems within specified areas of the vehicle.
• Responsible for highlighting and communicating conflicts between components to Vehicle Integration team leader and component area representative.
• Responsible for challenging solutions to fully optimize package.
• Producing reports to highlight packaging issues and progress.
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package and generation of critical package sections.
• Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes.
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept packages for all areas of the vehicle.
• Ensuring liaison with component engineers and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems.
• Ensuring that packaging guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
• Prioritising and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Interior / Exterior package development to support projects in the following work streams
• Advanced Engineering
• International projects
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Specific Technical job skills required:
• Capability to use CATIA v5 including CAVA
• Full capability to operate in TeamCenter environment and use Viz-Mock-up tools
• Ability to deliver optimum interior / exterior package for vehicles/architectures.
• Ability to deliver interior/exterior package to required objectives.
• Ability to deliver integrated package in following areas: Occupant, Dash/Facia/Controls, Door & upper canopy/roof, console and floor, seating and restraints systems
• Ability to deliver hard-point creation to meet project targets
• Ability to take safety targets for pedestrian protection, passive and active safety requirements and define interior/exterior package targets and to then subsequently deliver the package integration.
• Ability to lead and execute ergonomic buck build and subsequent clinic and initial analysis.
• Ability to conduct vehicle scanning to give benchmarking results
• Ability to deliver 2D package drawings
• Ability to understand legal requirements and interpret into package targets and subsequently deliver integrated package
• Knowledge and experience of vehicle interior and exterior systems. Full understanding of interactions and integration requirements to challenge other areas to achieve package objectives.
• Understanding of interactions between architecture package and parameters and upper body / upper canopy styling and proportion requirements.
• Ability to fully lead whole sections of an interior/exterior zone
• Capability to use parametric/kinematic tools to enhance quality and efficiency.
Supporting job skills required:
• Ability to lead teams including multi-functional reviews
• Ability to present reports accurately and coherently
• Ability to lead meetings – specifically VCIT
• Ability to use negotiation techniques to resolve issues
• Strong analytical and investigative capability
• Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time
• Willing to travel to and work at strategic partner’s facilities as the need arises
• Experience of Supplier / customer interaction.
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills.
• Proactive and possesses the ability to work by themselves or part of a team.
• Has good working knowledge of PC tools Power Point, Word & Excel.
• Degree/HND or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
• Extensive OEM experience, preferably in an OEM vehicle integration / packaging / design studio support position. .
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).