OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of the Colour and Trim Intern would ideally suit a recent graduate looking to gain some valuable experience within the automotive industry. The intern will work within the design team with a particular focus on material innovation.
The Internship role will be for a three month period until the end of June. This will give you the experience and guidance needed to see your chosen career.
To apply please send your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Researching and promoting new materials to the team
• Looking at the trends and filtering them relevant for the brand
• Thinking of how near materials could be developed and made suitable for our products
• Assisting in creating presentations for various projects
• Ensuring high-quality presentation of all work in the appropriate media
• To report directly to the Colour and Trim Lead Designer. Good working relationship with other designers, Modellers and Colour and Trim.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Excellent appreciation of colours, materials and design industry trends.
• Mature and highly creative approach to design.
• Good understanding of 3D forms and how materials can be applied.
• Sensitivity to colour proportion.
• Excellent IT skills in both Adobe photoshop and Adobe illustrator.
• The ability to operate in a multicultural environment requiring patience and understanding.
• Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment.
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
• Interface with potential suppliers.
RELATING TO PEOPLE INTERNALLY
• Close working relationships with other internal departments and Design personnel.
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).