OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To perform the upfront and support throughout SAIC vehicle programmes in the system definition, integration, validation and refinement of Diesel, Gasoline EMS and TCU Systems.
Carry out activities to include but not limited to Verification, Validation and Reporting of EMS functionality working towards Engineering sign off.
Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals for consideration, and execute the projects that are approved.
To be a key member of the Powertrain Integration team, driving the implementation of latest available technologies to ensure the competitiveness and success of the company’s vehicles.
• Reporting to the Calibration & SI Manager for EMS & TCU Electronic function activity
• Creation / Support in developing Functional Specifications – including OBD diagnostic specification, Component FMEA’s and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
• EMS Functionality (Cruise Control, ASL, Stop Start, Immobiliser, Electronic Throttle Control etc)
• Verification , validation and reporting of EMS functionality in support of the VVP&R sign-off
• FMEA’s (PIN/CAN)
• Component Integration
• Software fault diagnosis / report throughout S/W release phases. Vehicle build support and associated diagnosis
• Support Calibration team in OBD and diagnostic activity
• Ensure all data and reports are appropriately documented
• Ensures that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed / updated as technology progresses
• Support development and use of new technologies within the department
• Support supplier selection process
• The role requires frequent overseas travel to SMTC Shanghai, and climatic test locations
SCOPE OF THE JOB
• Deliver SAIC products to all ISO standards for System Integration that meets or exceeds the required project VTS targets.
• Development of new SW functionality through the use of rapid prototype SW tool sets. E.g. Intecrio, e-hooks, Simulink RTP etc.
• Use of INCA, CANalyser, Module Analyser tool chains.
• Support development activities for the system integration requirements, specifications and rapid prototype implementation for SAIC product software introduction including but not exclusive to FMEA, P-diagrams Functional Safety, ISO 26262.
• Assist Lead Engineer in priorities workload to ensure most effective use of resources and time.
• Support the development of new calibration tools and techniques.
• Effective delivery of all aspects of the system integration task.
• To keep abreast of impact of Legislation on calibration needs inclusive of SI requirements going forward.
• To liaise with colleagues within Calibration, IUMPR OBD and PT Electronic to ensure fully integrated EMS calibration activities are undertaken, in the most effective way.
• Support EMS supplier liaison and supplier technical development.
• To undertake benchmarking where appropriate.
• Work with workstream teams to ensure test plans and activities reflect needs of calibration and Business needs.
• To support in the development and coaching of Calibration staff Globally - UK and China.
• Reports to: Calibration and System Integration Senior Manager.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Up to 5 years experience within a systems Integration delivery team from either an OEM or ESP environment or a wish develop experience within this field.
• Minimum HND in Electrical and/or Electronics or a similar relevance.
• Knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience an advantage.
• Have experience of the complete product development cycle from conception through to implementation and then on into current engineering.
• Good working knowledge of systems architecture legislation.
• Knowledge of the Chinese automotive / OEM industry an advantage.
• Ability to prioritise, separating what’s important from what’s urgent.
• Good understanding of competitors products.
• Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking – able to identify new opportunities.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Legal ability to work within the UK.
• Full UK or EU driving licence.
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
• External suppliers.
• Educational establishments (universities etc). Encourage team members inclusion in this process.
RELATING TO PEOPLE INTERNALLY
• SAIC/SMTC Senior Management.
• Engineering COC Department heads, Team Leaders and Engineers.
• UK support functions, including Finance, HR, Purchasing.
HOURS OF WORK
The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
• The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
• Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
• You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Please note, it is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. (Refer: Home Office Website).